Saturday, March 19, 2016
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Sunday, March 20, 2016
10:30 am - 5:00 pm
E & J Gallo Administration Building
600 Yosemite Blvd.
Modesto, CA 95354 - map -
Download Show Schedule PDF
Runner Up - Japonica, Very Large
2. 1st - Japonica, Large (4 1/2" to 5 1/2")
Runner Up - Japonica, Large
3. 1st. - Japonica, Medium (3 1/2" to 4 1/2")
Runner Up - Japonica Medium
4. 1st Japonica, Small/Miniature (less than 3 1/2")
Runner Up - Japonica Small/Miniature
5. 1st - Japonica Modesto Member ***
Runner Up - (Inc. Hybrids with Reticulata Parent), Large/Very Large
7. 1st - Reticulata (Inc. Hybrids with Reticulata Parent), Small/Medium
Runner Up - Reticulata (Inc. Hybrids with Reticulata Parent), Small/Medium
8. 1st - Hybrid (with no Reticulata parent), Any size
Runner Up - Hybrid (with no Reticulata parent), Any size
Runner Up - Miniature (any species)
10. Fragrant bloom
11. Yellow bloom
12. Seedling or Sport, Medium/Large
13. Seedling or Sport, Miniature/Small
14. Bloom (any species), Novice*
15. Youth, 6 to 17 years of age (any variety)**
(#'s 16 and 17 discontinued)
18. Stem of Camellias, any species (may enter more than one if a different variety).
Trays: Japonica, Same Variety
20. Tray of 3, Small/Medium
21. Tray of 5, Large/Very Large
22. Tray of 5, Small/Medium
23. Tray of 9 (Any size)
Trays: Reticulata/Hybrid, Same Variety
25. Tray of 3 Hybrids (with no Reticulata Parent)
26. Tray of 9 Hybrids/Reticulata
Trays of Boutonnieres
28. Tray of 3 Boutonnieres (same variety) (Modesto Member)***
29. Tray of 5 Boutonnieres (same variety)
30. Tray of 9 Boutonnieres (any variety)
Special Trays: Same, or Mixed Variety
32. Tray of 5 different blooms
33. Tray of 9 - (Any variety, any size)
34. Tray of 3 - (Any size) (Modesto Member)***
35. Tray of 3: 1 Small, 1 Medium, 1 Large (Modesto Member)***
36. Tray of 3 (any size) Novice*
38. Camellia(s) used in Landscape
39. Camellia(s) used with Child/Children
40. Camellia(s) with Pet/Pets
41. Camellia(s) Humorous (anything that will make the judges smile)
- Four entries per family, one per category.
- All entries must be 8 X 10" and matted using a black mat.
- Each entry must have an entry card completed and attached to the back of the photo (cards available at show).
- To qualify for judging, all entries must be submitted March 19th before 10:00 am.
- The Camellia Society of Modesto retains the right to use the winning photos for promotion of future events. Credit, of course, will be given. Congratulations!
- Judging will be in accordance with the following scales:
FOR ALL BLOOMS:
Color - 25%
Form - 25%
Condition - 25%
Size - 25%
SPRAY OR STEM EXHIBITS
Typical form/color - 30%
Floriferousness - 10%
Foliage and stem - 20%
Leaves and flowers - 20%
Condition - 20%
Amount of yellow and color
Saturation - 50%
Bloom - 50%
SEEDLINGS AND SPORTS
Distinctive qualities - 50%
Color and markings - 10%
Form - 10%
Foliage - 10%
Substance & Texture - 20%
Fragrance - 50%
Bloom - 50%
** Youth: Children between the ages 6 and 17 are invited to participate in the Youth category ONLY. All other categories are for ages 18 and older. Youth must set up own flower and fill out entry card. Welcome, youth! We're so pleased to have you!
*** Modesto Members: While we appreciate the attendance of members from other camellia societies, we permit local Modesto members only to participate in the *** marked categories. A local member is one who resides within a 25 mile radius of the show. Thank you!
Schedule of Exhibits
Section J - 3: 3 Japonicas
Section J - 5: 5 Japonicas
Section J - 9: 9 Japonicas
Section R - 1: Single Reticulata or Reticulata Hybrid
Section R - 3: 3 Reticulata or Reticulata Hybrids
Section R - 5: 5 Reticulata or Reticulata Hybrids
Section R - 9: 9 Reticulata or Reticulata Hybrids
Section H - 1: Single Hybrid (Non-Reticulata)
Section H - 3: 3 Hybrids (Non-Reticulata)
Section H - 9: 9 Hybrids (Non-Reticulata)
Section B - 1: Single Boutonniere
Section B - 3: 3 Boutonnieres
Section B - 5: 5 Boutonnieres
Section B - 9: 9 Boutonnieres
Section S: Seedlings (ACS Seedling Entry Card recommended)
Section Youth: Any single Camellia (Youth, 6 - 17 years)**
Section F: Single Fragrant Bloom
Section C - 3: Collection of 3: 1 Small, 1 Medium, 1 Large
Section C - 5: Collection of 5 different blooms
Section C - 9: Collection of 9 (any variety/any size)***
Section Mod - J: Single Japonica***
Section Mod - 3; Collection of 3 varieties: 1 Small, 1 Medium, 1 Large***
Section Mod B - 3: 3 Boutonnieres
Section Y: Single Yellow Bloom
Section LN - 1: Single Bloom, any variety (Local Novice)*
Section LN - 3: Collection of 3 blooms: any size (Local Novice)*
Section Stem: Stem/Spray of any variety
Section P: Photography
"Camellia Nomenclature" will be the guide on size:
Small Blooms: 2 1/2" to 3 1/2"
Medium Blooms: 3 1/2" to 4 1/2"
Large Blooms: 4 1/2" to 5 1/2"
Very Large Blooms: Over 5 1/2"
GUIDELINES & REGULATIONS:
2. Doors open at 6:30 am on Saturday, March 19, 2016.
- ALL ENTRIES MUST BE PLACED BY 10:30 am.
- Judging begins at 11:00 am and will conclude no later than 1:00 pm
- Only officials connected with the show will remain in the building after this time.
3. Camellia Nomenclature, published by the Southern California Camellia Society will be the authority on size and description of blossoms.
4. Miniatures are those listen in the Camellia Nomenclature.
5. Judges may compete in any section in which they are eligible.
6. Exhibitors under 18 years of age need not own plants to show in the Youth section.
7. With the exception of the youth divisions, all blooms shall have been grown BY the exhibitor.
8. Unless announced by the show chair, no exhibitor may show more than one entry of a variety in each class, except seedlings.
9. The committee reserves the right to exclude unsuitable or deteriorated materials, and dispose of flowers after the show.
10. The committee is not responsible for loss or damage to property of the exhibitors.
11. No exhibit may be removed or dismantled until the show closes at 5:00 pm, Sunday, March 20, 2016.
12. All decisions of the Judges are final.