600 Yosemite Boulevard
- map -
ADMISSION IS FREE
Saturday, March 18, 2017// 2:00 - 5:00 pm
Sunday, March 19, 2017// 10:30 am - 5:00 pm
Cindy Cook, Show Chair
An American Camellia Society Sanctioned Show
Section J-3 3 Japonicas
Section J-5 5 Japonicas
Section J-9 9 Japonica
Section R-1 Single Retic or Retic Hybrid, Large to Very Large
Section R-1 Single Retic or Retic Hybrid, Small to Medium
Section R-3 3 Retic or Retic Hybrids
Section R-5 5 Retic or Retic Hybrids
Section R-9 9 Retic or Retic Hybrids
Section H-1 Single Hybrid (Non-Retic)
Section H-3 3 Hybrids (Non-Retic)
Section H-5 5 Hybrids (Non-Retic)
Section B-1 Single, Small or Miniature/Boutonnieres
Section B-3 3 Small or Miniature/Boutonnieres
Section B-5 5 Small or Miniature/Boutonnieres
Section B-9 9 Small or Miniature/Boutonnieres
Section S-1-2-3-4 Seedlings ACS/Seedling Entry Card Recommended
Section Youth Any Single Camellia (Youth, age 6-17 years)**
Section F Single Fragrant Bloom
Section C-3 Collection 3: Sm, Med, Lg
Section C-5 Collection 5 Different Blooms - Same Size
Section C-9 Any Collection of 9 (Different Blooms, Same Size)
Section M-M-3 3 Blooms: Same Variety (Modesto Members) ***
Section M-C-3 Collection of 3: Any Size (Modesto Members) ***
Section M-J-1 Single Japonica (Modesto Members) ***
Section M-B-3 3 Miniatures/Boutonnieres (Modesto Members)***
Section M-S-M-L Tray of 3 (Sm/Md/Lg) (Modesto Members)***
Section Y Best Yellow Bloom
Section N-1 Single Bloom, Any Variety (Novice)*
Section N-3 Collection of 3 Blooms: Any Size (Novice)*
Section Stem Stems/Spray of Any Variety
Section P Photography
Guidelines and Regulations
2. Doors open at 6:30 am.
Saturday, March 18, 2017.
All entries MUST be placed by 10:30 am.
Judging begins at 11:00 am and will conclude no later than 1:00 pm.
- Only officials connected with the show will remain in the building during the judging time.
3. CAMELLIA NOMENCLATURE, PUBLISHED BY THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CAMELLIA SOCIETY WILL BE THE AUTHORITY ON SIZE AND DESCRIPTION OF BLOSSOMS.
4. Miniatures are those listed in the CAMELLIA NOMENCLATURE.
5. Judges may compete in any section in which they are eligible.
6. Exhibitors under 18 years of age need not own plants to show in the Youth Section.
7. With the exception of the Youth Divisions, all blooms shall have been grown by the exhibitor.
8. Unless announced by show chair, no exhibitor shall show more than one entry of a variety in each class except Sections, S-1, S-2, S-3, S-4 (Seedlings).
9. The committee reserves the right to exclude unsuitable or deteriorated materials, and dispose of flowers after the show.
10. The committee is not responsible for loss or damage to property of the exhibitors.
11. No exhibit may be removed or dismantled until the show closes at 5:00 pm, Sunday, March 19, 2017.
12. The decisions of the Judges are final.
Small Blooms 2 1/2" to 3 1/2"
Medium Blooms 3 1/2" to 4 1/2"
Large Blooms 4 1/2" to 5 1/2"
V. Large Blooms Over 5 1/2"